Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Blankets to Donate

I taught my sister to crochet granny square last year so she picked up some yarn and had a ball. She made lots of squares. I think 195 squares total: half green and half blue.

It was my task to join them. I started this task on our Girls Weekend in April. I used a join-as-you-go method that I made up while I was working on it. I continued with another granny round, but would sc in the ch1 spaces for the sides to be joined to one another.

The first one I finished on January 9 with a Cafe colored border.
Photobucket

And the second one I finished today with a Rose colored border.
Photobucket

There are a lot of ends to weave in, but I'm not up for that task. She'll have to learn to do it, or ask the ladies at the Church she's donating the blankets to help her with that.

My sister is having a ball with the granny pattern, so she'd been making Giant Granny Ghans lately. I've been whipping up 12 inch squares that I'll join to donate.

No comments: