Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Sad day for CompUSA

Yesterday I found out that I would be losing my job in 2-3 months. CompUSA is closing 126 of its 225 stores nationwide. Of course mine was one of them. I was in shock all evening after finding out around 3pm. I've worked at CompUSA for nearly 8 years, it was practically my first job.

I am glad that my managers were nice enough to tell all of the employees shortly after they found out and went through the details themselves. They took all of the employees except one cashier and one manager to the conference room and told us the bad news. There are some stores in NJ that the employees were not told about this, and I think I'd be more upset if our managers did not tell us when they did.

On a good side...this might motivate me to finish my thesis and look for another job.

No comments: